What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are natural or synthetic gels that are injected into the skin to volumise, lift and improve the appearance of lines. The vast majority of dermal fillers are completely biodegradable and temporary however there are some permanent fillers available as well. Although the idea of a more permanent filler may seem more appealing to a patient, they are generally associated with more complications and longer term problems and rarely used in practice. The vast majority of dermal fillers consist of hyaluronic acid.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body, identical across species. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration, but also ‘cushioning’ and supporting collagen and elastin fibres and providing a medium, or carrier, for chemical messages between the cells.
Dermal fillers are manufactured, usually through fermentation and cross linking with proteins to produce a clear, sterile gel for injection into the skin. Not all hyaluronic acids are the same and legitimate brands are not available forgeneral sale on the internet and should only be administered by trained clinicians. Each brand has a range of ’tissue tailored’ products indicated for different areas and depths of injection.
One size does not fit all.
Skin Revolution Australia uses only Therapeutic Good Administration (TGA) approved hyaluronic acid dermal fillers.
How does it work?
Dermal fillers are injected directly into or below the skin and can provide instant correction, enhance features, such as lips, soften lines and replace volume, progressively and improve skin quality.
- To correct or enhance facial contours: cheeks, temples, jawline, nose, chin
- To define, correct or enhance lips
- To soften and correct facial wrinkles or folds
- To correct the hollows under the eyes (tear troughs)
- To improve the tone, texture and hydration of the skin.
Dermal Filler Injection Price
It is important to be that Skin Revolution Australia uses only Therapeutic Good Administration (TGA) approved brands of anti- wrinkle injections.
Luscious Lips from
Sculpt your Cheeks
Redefine your jawline
Temples, Tear Troughs, Furrowed Brow, Chin
2ml of Dermal Filler
Am I suitable for treatment?
Your medical history and assessment of your needs and expectations will be evaluated to ensure this is an appropriate treatment for you.
- Dermal fillers cannot be given to pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Not suitable if you are currently taking certain medicines, particularly drugs that affect the immune system.
- If you have previously experienced adverse reactions to dermal fillers or local anaesthetic or experience anaphylaxis.
- Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way (even a cold).
- Not suitable for patients with bleeding problems or taking any prescribed or non-prescribed medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.