How Laser Tatto Removal Works
The procefure involves using a laser which emits ultra-short pulses of light energy, which passes through the skin and is rapidly absobed by the tatto pigment causing the ink particles to fragment into smaller pieces. Once the laser has broken up the ink particles, they are removed by the body’s natural filtering and immune system.
It is important to note that this is not IPL.
Main Reasons for have a Tattoo Removed
- Porly executed tattot – misspelled or amateur
- Having tattoo re-work done and want a great result
- Existing tattoo needs to be cleaned up around the edges
- Job options or carrer change
- You’re a parent now
- You, your partner or someone close to you doesn’t like it
- You just don’t want it anymore.
About the Laser
Skin Revolution Australia uses the new Q-switch, nd:YAG Bodilase System.
- It is TGA approved and is a high-powered Class 4 laser
- Has the ability to remove a tattoo containing black, green, blue, yellow, red and brown colours of ink.
About Tattoo Ink
- Dak (blue/black) ink and red inks respond to laser treatment the best
- Oranges and purples usually respond well
- Green and yellow inks are the most difficult to remove
All laser tattoo removal treatments you receive from Skin Revolution Australia will be undertaken a qualified registered nurse who is licensed through Radiation Health Queensland.You will experience strict hygiene and care standards.
You will always receive a test patch prior to commencing treatment.
Number of Treatments
The number of treatments depends on the age of the tattoo,the amount and type of ink used as well as the depth of the ink in the skin. Multiple treatments will be necessary to achieve desired results. There is never any guarantee, warranty or assurance about the results. It is important to remember tattoos were meant to be permanent.
Post Tattoo Removal
After the procedure the area may be red, sensitive or swollen, as if mildly sunburned. Bruising,pinpoint bleeding and frostingof colour is a common side effect ofthe treatment. There may be discolouration and a change in skin texture in the area,which will gradually improve.
Antibacterial care and a dressingwill be applied to the area,which must be kept clean and dry after treatments. You will be given verbal and written post-care instructions.It is important to ask questions or contact Skin Revolution Australia if you have any queries.
You must keep the skin clean and dry for 5-7 seven days and the treated area should not be scrubbed. You need to avoid sunlight to the area for at least 4 weeks. If it is necessary to be in the sun,a sunscreen with SPF 25 or greater must be used.
It is important to follow your post-care instructions to promote healing,reduce possible risks and complications and for the best results. This is your responsibility.
Laser Tattoo Removal Price Guide
The following prices are a guide only and each person is a case by case fee. Send a photo through of your tattoo and what you would like done.