Platelet Rich Plasma is Liquid Gold
This treatment has benefits for everyone.
- It’s a natural; non-surgical and non-ablative procedure
- Great for skin rejuvenation and hair loss rejuvenation
- All skin types
- Restores collagen
- Refines wrinkles
- Plumps skin
- Improves scar tissue, skins elasticity, moisture, texture, brightening of skin
How does it work?
Blood Sample Collection
A small amount of blood is taken from the client’s arm. It is then spun in centrifuge to separate the plasma, which is concentrated with platelets.
The Platelet Rich Plasma is then injected and/or microneedled into the treatment area/s (such as face, neck, décolletage, scalp for hair rejuvenation, scar tissue).
Number of Treatments
The following is a guide and the number of treatments is dependent upon individuals and their goals.
Skin treatments – 3 treatments – 4-6 weeks apart with the option for treatments at 6 and 12 months.
Hair loss treatments – 4 treatments 1 week apart, 2 treatments 2 weeks apart, then monthly for 3 months or until desired result achieved.
Treatments can be repeated, and some people opt to do single sessions each year to boost and lengthen the effect of initial treatment.
The growth factors are activated once injected into the skin and the improvements are gradual with the skin treatment results lasting up to 18 – 24 months. It is important to note that results vary between individuals.
Is it safe?
PRP is considered a safe treatment with minimal side effects; such as pinkness or redness, which is short lasting, and bruising at the sites where the injections have been.
- Minimal to no risk of allergic reaction as you use your own platelets
- Natural production of collagen as a response to activated platelets
- Suitable for patients who don’t want other rejuvenating treatments (surgical face lifts, laser, dermal fillers)
- Compliments and can be safely used in conjunction with other treatments like antiwrinkle injections, fat dissolving injections and dermal fillers
- Used for male and female clients
The treatment is contraindicated if a person has any of the following medical conditions:
- Thrombocytopaenia – low platelet count
- Haemodynamic instability
- Chronic liver disease
- Some anti-coagulation therapies – such as warfarin, dabigatran, heparin